How do I set up my navigation menu?
Watch the video tutorial or see the Step-by-Step written directions below.
HINT: How to find a page or post link
- Go to the "Pages" or "Posts" page in your dashboard. Click the "View" link under the page or post name.
- Copy and paste the page link from the web browser address bar.
- This can be done with any web page. Just copy and paste the web address while viewing the page.
- For "Category" or "Label" pages, just click the label from inside a post or in the sidebar widget. Copy and paste the web link from the top of your browser.
STEP 1: Set up menu links
Add Page Links
- Go to the Layout page on your Blogger Dashboard. Click on the Edit link at the right side of the Pages gadget box.
- The Configure Page List window will open.
- For existing pages, click the link next to the name of the page
- The page will be added to the "List Order" on the right.
Add External or Custom Links
- To add a custom link, like a Labels Page or external link, click the +add external link link.
- The New Page > Web Address popup will open.
- Enter the Page Title (link name) in the top box.
- Enter the Web Address (URL) in the 2nd box.
- Click Save Link.
- All drop down links have to be added as an External Link following Steps 6-10 above.
- When adding the Page title, insert an underscore ( _ ) before the page title (no spaces). i.e. _Design
- Save your link.
- Once you add a menu link to your menu in the Configure Page List window, they will appear in a list at the bottom (or right) of the window.
- Links appear in the list in the order they will appear (left to right) on your menu. i.e. the link at the top will be the first link on the left.
- To change the order of the links, click on the up or down arrow next to the link you wish to move.
- Make sure any drop down links are listed below their parent link.
Don’t forget to click the orange Save button to save your menu settings.
NOTE: Make sure you hide the Blogger Nav Bar widget or it will break the responsive layout of the template.
- Go to the Layout page on the Blogger Dashboard.
- Find the Nav Bar widget. It may be in the Header area, under the Blog Posts box or in one of the other sidebars.
- Left-click on the Edit link on the right-hand side of the box.
- The Navbar Configuration window will open. It is generally set to the Silver style option by default.
- Select the radio button next to the Off option.
- Click the orange Save button to save your changes.