This theme uses the Genesis eNews Extended plugin to create email list (newsletter) signup forms. Make sure you have installed and activated this Recommended Plugin.
(Yes, you can use this for this theme! Even though originally intended for Genesis themes, it can be used for other themes and it's the easiest to use/best plugin available and that's why we recommend it!)
Genesis - eNews Extended (Recommended Plugin)
1. Drag-and-drop the Genesis - eNews Extended widget into a sidebar area.
2. If so desired, give your widget a title.
3. You can set text to show before or after the form fields.
4. If you use Google/Feedburner for your RSS feed, enter your ID in the Google/Feedburner ID box.
5. For other newsletter services, you will need to find your Form Action URL. This section of the widget contains the fields necessary to connect your form to the subscription service you wish to use. You can refer to the configuration instructions for details about which of these fields need to be completed for the service you’re using.
6. The bottom section of the widget allows you to change the text you that displays in the form fields, as well as changing the label of the form submit button. These labels are what your site visitors will see when they view the actual subscription form.
7. Click the Save button to save your widget settings.