The Events Section is a full width section with an image background and widget overlay. An image template is included in the theme Graphics folder.
You can use this section with a MailChimp Signup Form, the included Events script or a widget of your choice.
Setup Events Section
- Go to the Layout page on the Blogger Dashboard.
- Find the Event Section widget area.
- You will see 2 widgets: Event Background Image and Event Text Box.
- To add the section background, click on the Edit button for the Event Background Image widget.
- The Configure Image box will appear.
- Upload your image using the Browse button. Leave the other fields blank.
- Now click on the Edit link for the Event widget in the Event Text Box area.
- Give your widget a Title. (large header).
- In your original template download folder. Find the Widgets folder and open it.
- Find the Event Text Code file. Open it with a plain text program like Note Pad, Text Edit or Sublime Text.
- Edit the code to your preferences.
- Click the Save button to save changes.
You can also place a MailChimp HomePage form in this area. Find the MailChimp HomePage Form code in the Widgets folder and copy and paste into the widget. Edit widget settings according to the MailChimp Form Setup directions.