This theme supports one-click demo import. You can import the settings and setup for any of the 3 demos styles available for this theme. Import includes fake pages, posts, products and portfolio items, menus, widgets and Customizer Settings.
* This import does not include all images from the demo site. Import files will all images would be enormous and result in import failures due to excessive files sizes.
WARNING: If you have an established blog that is live, we recommend using the Manual Demo Import instead of One-Click Demo Import!
NOTE: This process requires you have the One Click Demo Import plugin installed. Also, in order to import all the widget settings and other settings, make sure you have installed and activated all the Recommended Plugins.
Let's get started:
1. Go to Appearance > Import Demo Data
2. You will see a screenshot of each of the demos available for import.
Click the Import button beneath the demo of your choice to import.
NOTE: We do not recommend using the One-Click demo import more than once per site. If you have previously used the One-Click with this theme and want to change styles, please follow the Manual Demo Import directions to import the Customizer styles.
3. A popup box will appear to confirm your choice to import the demo. Click the Yes, Import! button.
4. You will see an importing message: Importing, please wait! message while the import process occurs.
DO NOT leave this page while import is in process or it will fail.
5. When the import is complete, you will receive the "That's it, all done!" success message.
Some users may experience import errors. This is usually due to import file limits set by your web host.
The most common error looks like this:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in ...
- This means your host has set a max time limit for a process at 30 seconds.
- This is not very long when trying to import files that include images, etc.
To fix this error, you can:
1. Install and activate the following plugin: WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded
* Please make sure you follow the plugin Installation directions
2. Contact your web host and ask them to increase your Maximum execution time
3. Attempt to increase the Maximum execution time yourself - See this article
* If you continue to have issues, we recommend trying the Manual Import Process which uploads one file at a time instead of all 3 import files.
Next Setup > Manual Demo Import