This tutorial covers setup of the newsletter signup forms for the Bel Canto theme using the recommended Genesis - eNews Extended plugin.
This widget can be used in a variety of widget areas including:
- Primary sidebar
- Home Page Hero 2 & 3
- Blog Page Hero 2 & 3
- Home Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Widget Above Content
- Blog Page 1, 2, & 3
- Newsletter Page
- Widget Below Footer
- Footer 1, 2 & 3
- After Entry
Genesis - eNews Extended (Recommended Plugin)
1. Drag-and-drop the Genesis - eNews Extended widget into a sidebar area.
2. If so desired, give your widget a title.
3. You can set text to show before or after the form fields.
4. If you use Google/Feedburner for your RSS feed, enter your ID in the Google/Feedburner ID box.
5. For other newsletter services, you will need to find your Form Action URL. This section of the widget contains the fields necessary to connect your form to the subscription service you wish to use. You can refer to the configuration instructions for details about which of these fields need to be completed for the service you’re using.
6. The bottom section of the widget allows you to change the text you that displays in the form fields, as well as changing the label of the form submit button. These labels are what your site visitors will see when they view the actual subscription form.
7. Click the Save button to save your widget settings.