What are the promo boxes? They are the row of 3 or 4 (depending on template design) image boxes below the slider in your Blogger template that can be used to link to any page, post or category you want.
This is a totally optional section of the template. If you choose not to add widgets in this section, nothing will show and you can always go back and add some Promo Boxes later.
The image size is flexible so that you can use any shape image you want in the Promo Box area.
IMPORTANT: For best appearance, make sure all your Promo Box images are the same size. For square images, 800px by 800px works well. For wide rectangles, 800px by 600px.
View the video setup instructions or see the Step-by-Step written directions below.
- On your Blogger Dashboard, navigate to the Layout page.
- Scroll down until you see the green Promo Boxes sections (just below the green Slider section). You will see 3 columns all labeled Promo Boxes. You will need to add an Image gadget to each column.
- To add an Image Gadget, click on the Add a gadget link at the top of the Promo Boxes column.
- The Add a Gadget window will open.
- Scroll down until you find the Image gadget.
- Click the blue + icon next to the gadget to add it to the Promo Boxes section.
- The Configure Image window will open.
- You be required to enter a gadget Title but it will not be shown on the gadget.
- The Caption is the text that will show in the box that overlays the image in the Promo box. Enter your text to be shown here.
- The Link field is the URL (web page address) you want the image to link to. This can be any Web link from your site or any other site on the web (like an Etsy shop or other even). Enter your URL in this field.
- Next, add your background Image. You may add an image from your computer using the Browse button or from a URL from a service like Flickr or other image storage site.
- Note: Do NOT click the “Shrink to fit” option. The template code automatically takes care of this. If you do, this will mess up the mobile layout settings.
- When you are done, click the orange Save button to save your changes.
- Repeat this step for the other 2 Promo Boxes columns.