Watch the video or view the written directions below.
Step 1: Backup Current Template
Just to be safe, make sure you backup your current template.
- Log in to your Blogger dashboard.
- Go to the Theme configuration page.
- Click on the Backup/Restore button in the top right hand corner of the screen. The Template > Backup/Restore box will open up.
- To backup your current template, click on the orange Download full template button. Your template will download to your computer’s download folder with a name like template-##############. If want to restore your old template at any time you can upload this file using the Backup/Restore feature.
Step 2: Upload Your New Template
- In the same Theme configuration screen, click on the Backup/Restore button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- In the Template > Backup/Restore box, click on the Choose File button.
- From you computer files, choose your Blogger template to upload. Make sure you are selecting the .xml file. Click the Upload button.
- You’ll see a little spinner next to the Upload button while your template uploads. If there are any template errors, they will appear in the Template > Backup/Restore box. If your upload is successful, you will be returned to the Template configuration page and a little message, Uploaded successfully will flash at the top of the window.
Voila, your new template is installed!
Click on the View blog button at the top of the page to see your Simply Beautiful new blog.
To Continue installing your template, click on the next link in the left sidebar.