This theme offers a 18 different blog post layouts as well as 4 blog page slider styles and optional Promo Boxes and widget areas.
This article covers all the setup options for your blog page.
*These settings apply whether you are using the blog page as your home page or if you're using a static home page and separate blog page.
Step 1: Featured Post Slider
1. Go to Appearance > Customize
2. Click on the Blog Page Settings panel tab to open it.
3. Click on the Blog Page Slider tab to open the slider settings section.
4. Under Slider Layout tick the bubble next to the slider layout of your choice.
5. Under the Featured Slider Category or Posts section, you can select a post Category or Categories to display posts from in the slider.
Or you can select to show posts by post ID.
Enter the Category or Post ID. For multiple Categories or Posts enter the IDs separated by a comma (,) with NO spaces.
To learn how to find a Category or Post ID, see this article: Find a post, page, or category ID in WordPress
6. Set the number of posts to display in the Number of Featured Slides to Display section.
7. Under Featured Title Overlay you can hide/display the whole overlay, hide/display the post categories and also change the text on the "read more" button.
8. Click the Save & Publish button to publish your new settings.
Step 2: Blog Layout
1. Go to the Blog Page Settings panel in the Customizer
2. Under the Blog Post Layout section, tick the bubble next to the layout of your choice.
3. For the Grid Post Layout , 1 Full Post then Grid Layout, Masonry Layout, and 1 Full Post then Masonry Layout layouts you can choose between a 2 or 3 column layout under the Blogs Column Layout section.
4. Under Blog Sidebar Settings you can show or hide the sidebar on the blog page only.
*NOTE: If you are using a static home page and separate blog page and you set the Genesis page layout settings on the blog page to full width, this setting will not override that setting. To display a sidebar on the blog page, make sure the Genesis page settings are set to display the sidebar.
5. The final section, Read More Button Text Setting allows you to set the text on the "read more" buttons that appear if you use excerpts on your blog page or the List, Grid and Masonry layouts.
6. Click the Save & Publish button to publish your new layout.
Step 3: Blog Page Promo Boxes
1. Go to the Blog Page Promo Boxes panel in the Customizer.
2. Under the Blog Promo Layout option you can choose to display 0, 2, 3, or 4 promo boxes on the Blog page.
3. Under Promo Boxes Height select the height of your promo boxes in pixels. Use the up/down arrows or enter your number directly.
4. Each Promo Box has 3 settings: Title, Image & URL.
The Promo Boxes are numbered 1 through 4 from left to right. If you enable 3 Promo Boxes, fill out the fields for Boxes 1, 2, & 3. If you fill out the details for Box 4, it will not appear on your blog unless you set the layout to display 4 Promo Boxes.
5. The Promo Box Title is the title on the overlay. This field is optional.
6. Select a Promo Box Image by clicking on the Select image button. If you need to change images, click the Change image button. You will be able to add an image from your computer or Media Library.
7. For the Promo Box URL, this is the web page address that you want the Promo Box to link to. You will need to copy and paste the link into this box. The easiest way to do this is to visit the page or post and copy and paste it from the top bar of your web browser.
8. Fill out all fields for each Promo Box.
9. Click the Save & Publish button to publish your Promo Boxes.
You have now set up the blog page Featured Post slider, layout and Promo Boxes. To add widgets to the blog page widget ares, see the Blog Page Widget Areas article.