NOTE: These settings apply to a "static" home page. If your "home" page is set to as the standard blog layout and not a static home page, you need to use the "Blog Page Settings" to set up your layout.
The Home Page Settings for Prima Donna are very similar to the settings for the Blog Page. If you have already set up the Blog Page Settings, these settings will feel very familiar. These settings are located in the Customizer.
* To set up a static home page and separate blog page, see this article.
** The Home Page Setup article covers setting up the widget areas and the various Page templates.
Step 1: Featured Post Slider
1. Go to Appearance > Customize
2. Click on the Home Page Settings panel tab to open it.
3. Click on the Home Page Slider tab to open the slider settings section.
4. Under Slider Layout tick the bubble next to the slider layout of your choice.
* For the 2/3 slider + 1/3 widget layout, choose the Boxed Slider option. Unless you are using a slider widget - then choose No Slider.
5. Under the Featured Slider Category or Posts section, you can select a post Category or Categories to display posts from in the slider.
Or you can select to show posts by post ID.
Enter the Category or Post ID. For multiple Categories or Posts enter the IDs separated by a comma (,) with NO spaces.
To learn how to find a Category or Post ID, see this article: Find a post, page, or category ID in WordPress
6. Set the number of posts to display in the Number of Featured Slides to Display section.
7. Under Featured Title Overlay you can hide/display the whole overlay, hide/display the post categories and also change the text on the "read more" button.
8. Click the Save & Publish button to publish your new settings.
Step 2: Home Page Promo Boxes
1. Go to the Home Page Promo Boxes panel in the Customizer.
2. Under the Home Promo Layout option you can choose to display 0, 2, 3, or 4 promo boxes on the home page.
3. Under Promo Boxes Height select the height of your promo boxes in pixels. Use the up/down arrows or enter your number directly.
4. Each Promo Box has 3 settings: Title, Image & URL.
The Promo Boxes are numbered 1 through 4 from left to right. If you enable 3 Promo Boxes, fill out the fields for Boxes 1, 2, & 3. If you fill out the details for Box 4, it will not appear on your home page unless you set the layout to display 4 Promo Boxes.
5. The Promo Box Title is the title on the overlay. This field is optional.
6. Select a Promo Box Image by clicking on the Select image button. If you need to change images, click the Change image button. You will be able to add an image from your computer or Media Library.
7. For the Promo Box URL, this is the web page address that you want the Promo Box to link to. You will need to copy and paste the link into this box. The easiest way to do this is to visit the page or post and copy and paste it from the top bar of your web browser.
8. Fill out all fields for each Promo Box.
9. Click the Save & Publish button to publish your Promo Boxes.
You have now set up the Featured Post Slider and Promo Boxes on the Home Page. The Home Page Setup article covers setting up the widget areas and the various Page templates.