WordPress themes by Georgia Lou Studios use one Required plugin and few Recommended plugins to enhance the functionality of our themes.
Except for the *Vafpress Post Formats UI plugin, these plugins are OPTIONAL but some theme features will not be available if you choose not to install these plugins.
The required/recommended plugins include:
- Vafpress Post Formats UI* - adds support for additional Post Types
- WP Instagram Widget - adds an Instagram widget
- Contact Form 7 - a contact form plugin
- Image Menu - enables use of the image menu in the sidebar
- Regenerate Thumbnails - refreshes the thumbnail sizes to create image sizes appropriate to your new theme. Any time you install a new theme on an existing blog, it's a good idea to regenerate your thumbnails to avoid blurry image problems.
- Smart Slider 3 - an awesome free slider plugin
- Newsletter Sign-Up - for MailChimp and other newsletter signup widgets
- Admin ZenDesk Help Widget - a simple plugin to add the help widget to your Admin panel
- One Click Demo Import - used to import demo data
IMPORTANT!! If you don't use the Admin ZenDesk Help widget, make sure you deactivate it. If it is active and not set up properly, it may cause admin panel issues!
Install Recommended Plugins
1. Immediately upon activating your new WordPress theme, a Recommended Plugins notice will appear at the top of your admin dashboard.
2. Click on the Begin installing plugins link to easily install our required and recommended plugins.
3. To install all the plugins, tick the check box next to each plugin (or use the Select All option at the top of the column). In the Bulk Actions menu, select Install and then click the Apply button to begin installing the plugins.
4. Once the plugins have successfully installed, click the Return to Required Plugins Installer link at the bottom of the page.
5. You will now need to Activate the plugins. Tick the check box next to each plugin and then from the Bulk Actions menu, select Activate and then click the Apply button to activate the selected plugins.
Once you have installed and activated all of the required and recommended plugins, the full functionality of the themes features will be available to you.