If the feature is enabled within the Customizer, an Author Box will appear at the bottom of your posts to give credit to whoever penned the article. Author Boxes feature a little biographic blurb about the author as well as an avatar image and optional social media icons.
To create the Author Box biographic text
1. Within WP Dashboard > Users > select the user you'd like to add the biographical text for.
2. Scroll down the page until you see the text form for "Biographical Info".
3. Enter your desired author text and save changes when finished.
To insert the Author Box social icons
1. Within WP Dasboard > Users > selct the user you'd like to add social icons for.
2. Scroll down the page until you see the various social media network options WP offers.
3. To have a social network's icon appear within the Author Box, enter the necessary usernames for each desired social network.
4. Be sure to save changes when finished.
To change the author name
1. Within WP Dashboard > Users > Select the user you'd like to change the display name for.
2. A short way down the page is a section titled "Name".
3. In the "Nickname" option's field, you can enter the name that you'd like to be displayed within your Author Box.
4. Next, look to where it says "Display name publicly as" and choose your Nickname from the drop-down menu.
5. Be sure to save changes when you're finished.
To insert the Author Box avatar image
You'll want to visit the Gravatar.com website and create an account. Here, you can upload the image that will be pulled in to represent you wherever the Gravatar avatar platform is used.
Please note! It is important that you sign up for your Gravatar account using the same email address associated with your WordPress user. This is how WP knows which image to pull in.
If you've followed all steps correctly though your avatar image is still not appearing in your Author Box, please navigate to Settings > Discussion > Avatar Display > and ensure that the box next to "Show Avatars" is checked.