If you have an established blog with live posts and pages, this option of importing the demo content is for you.
Using the manual method, you will import the widget and Customizer settings. You will need to manually set up any of the custom pages like the static home page, lookbook, portfolio, etc.
NOTE: Make sure you have installed and activated all the Recommended plugins prior to importing the demo content.
Step 1: Install & Activate Plugins
1. Go to Plugins > Add New
2. Under Keyword: Search Plugins search for: Widget Importer
3. The first widget in the search results to appear should be the Widget Importer & Exporter by Steven Gliebe.
4. Click the Install Now button.
5. Once installing the plugin is complete, the button will read Activate. Click the button to activate the plugin.
6. Your screen will change to the Installed Plugins page. Go back to the Add New page by clicking the Add New button at the top of the page.
7. In the Keyword: Search Plugins search for: Customizer Export
8. The first plugin in the search results will be Customizer Export/Import by The Beaver Builder Team.
9. Click the Install Now button and then the Activate button to install and activate the plugin.
Step 2: Import Widget Settings
1. Go to Tools > Widget Importer & Exporter
2. Under Import Widgets, click the Browse button.
3. Inside your original download folder for the theme, you will find a folder called demo content.
Inside this folder you will find the demo content upload files.
4. Inside the folder for the demo of your choice, choose the widgets.wie file.
5. Click the Import widgets button.
6. When the import is complete, the Import Results screen will appear. Each widget setting imported will show a status (successful, already exists, failed).
Failures generally occur when the correct plugin is not installed. Make sure all Recommended Plugins are installed.
Step 3: Import Customizer Settings
1. Go to Appearance > Customizer.
2. Under the Customizer panels, find the Export/Import panel. It is generally located at the very bottom.
3. Under the Import section, click the Browse button.
4. Inside the demo content folder in your original download folder, locate the cutomizer.dat file.
5. Once you select your customizer settings file, click the Import button.
6. While the settings are uploading, you will see the Importing... status message.
7. When import is complete, the Customizer screen will refresh. Your Customizer settings will now be set to match the demo settings.