NOTE: This tutorial applies to templates purchased before November 1, 2017.
Image Logo Size –
NOTE: We always recommend using an image logo over a text logo. Image logos are much more responsive on smaller screens and fit better. Our designs are coded to work best with image logos. This is why our designs include a free logo template.
Our templates allow you to use almost any logo size your want.
The best size for your custom logo to make it Retina Ready (not fuzzy on iPhones, etc.) is 2 times the height you want it to display.
i.e. If you want a logo that is 150px tall, use an image that is 300px tall.
Our template will restrict the height of the logo so it’s not too tall on the display.
How do I set up my site logo & header?
NOTE: For the Ashleigh Blogger Template we HIGHLY recommend you use an image logo rather than a text logo. The optimal image logo size is 270px by 80px.
See the video tutorial or view Step-by-Step directions below.
- In your Blogger Dashboard, navigate to the Layout configuration page.
- You will see a diagram of boxes that represents the current layout of your blog. Each box represents an editable section of your theme. In the corner of each box/section you will see an Edit link.
- To edit your Blog Title and Blog Description, click on the Edit link in the bottom right-hand corner of the Header box.
- A new window will open, the Configure Header box.
- In the Configure Header window, you can enter your Blog Title and Blog Description. If you choose not to enter a Description, this area will automatically be hidden. It is an optional field.
- Click the orange Save button.
- To upload your logo, go to the Layout page in the Blogger Dashboard.
- Click on the Edit link on the right side of the Header gadget box.
- The Configure Header box will open.
- Under the Image section, select whether you want to upload your image from your computer or from a URL (Web address where your image is stored).
- Use the Placement options to choose how to display your custom logo.
- To upload a custom header image behind your text Blog Title (i.e., your text Blog Title and/or Description will show in front of your custom header image), upload your custom image from your computer or from a URL on the internet then select Behind title and description in the Placement options.
- To upload a custom header and hide your text Blog Title and Description, upload your custom image then select Instead of title and description in the Placement options.
- You can also choose to show your Description after your custom image by choosing Have description placed after the image.
- Click the Save button.