The boxes below the featured area slider on the theme demo site are called Promo Boxes. These boxes allow you to draw special attention to any post, page, or general URL you'd like.
This theme offers the option to display 2, 3, or 4 Promo Boxes. You can also adjust the height of your Promo Boxes.
Note: These settings apply to the Blog style home page or separate blog page layout. For Landing Pages, Promo Boxes are setup in the same manner but the settings are located in the Landing Page Settings section of the Customizer.
Promo Box Setup
1. Go to Appearance > Customize
2. Click on the Promo Box Settings tab to open the settings panel
Step 1: Choose Layout
1. The default setting is to not display the Promo Boxes.
2. Under the e option choose your Promo Box Layout. You can choose to display 2, 3 or 4 promo boxes.
3. Under Promo Box Height adjust the height of your Promo Boxes in pixels by using the up/down arrows or typing in your height number.
Individual Promo Box Settings
1. Each Promo Box has 3 settings: Title, Image & URL.
The Promo Boxes are numbered 1 through 4 from left to right. If you enable 3 Promo Boxes, fill out the fields for Boxes 1, 2, & 3. If you fill out the details for Box 4, it will not appear on your blog unless you set the layout to display 4 Promo Boxes.
2. The Promo Box Title is the title on the overlay. This field is optional.
3. Select a Promo Box Image by clicking on the Select image button. If you need to change images, click the Change image button. You will be able to add an image from your computer or Media Library.
4. For the Promo Box URL, this is the web page address that you want the Promo Box to link to.
You will need to copy and paste the link into this box. The easiest way to do this is to visit the page or post and copy and paste it from the top bar of your web browser.
5. Fill out all fields for each Promo Box.
6. Click the Save & Publish button to publish your Promo Boxes.