Hello! Thanks for shopping with us!
Let's jump right in and start installing and setting up your new Blogger template!
Recommendation: Use a test blog first
If you have a blog that is already live with content and receiving visits from readers, we strongly, strongly, 100% recommend trying out your new Blogger template on a test blog prior to installing the template on your live blog.
To learn how to setup a test blog and export your test blog setup to your live blog, see this tutorial.
Step 1: Backup your current template
Just to be safe, make sure you backup your current template.
- Log in to your Blogger Dashboard.
- Go to the Theme configuration page. THE PAGE IS NOW CALLED "THEME" - IT IS THE SAME PAGE, NEW NAME.
- Click on the Backup/Restore button in the top right hand corner of the screen. The Template > Backup/Restore box will open up.
- To backup your current template, click on the orange Download template button. Your template will download to your computer’s download folder with a name like template-##############. If want to restore your old template at any time you can upload this file using the Backup/Restore feature.
Step 2: Upload Template
Follow the video tutorial and see below for detailed written directions:
- In the same Theme configuration page, click on the Backup/Restore button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the Template > Backup/Restore box, click on the Browse button.
- From you computer files, choose your Blogger template to upload. Make sure you are selecting the .xml file.
- Click the Upload button.
- You’ll see a little spinner next to the Upload button while your template uploads. If there are any template errors, they will appear in the Template > Backup/Restore box. If your upload is successful, you will be returned to the Template configuration page and a little message, Uploaded successfully will flash at the top of the window.
To Continue installing your template, click on the next link in the left sidebar.