This tutorial applies to any of the templates that have a slider. Our classic style templates (Addison Smith and Aurora) do not contain this option.
*NOTE: Make sure you have a Description assigned to your blog in the Settings > Basic panel of Blogger.
Step 1: Edit Template code
- Login to your Blogger account and navigate to Dashboard > Theme
- Click on the gray Edit HTML button. The template code editor window will open.
- Near the beginning of the code you will find a section of code that looks like this:
- Edit Site info: Find the line of code that says this: <meta content=’@mytwitterhandle’ name=’twitter:site’/>
- Change mytwitterhandle to your Twitter name.
- Edit Creator info: You can specify a separate creator Twitter id. Find the line of code that says this: <meta content=’@mytwitterhandle’ name=’twitter:creator’/>
- Change mytwitterhandle to the Twitter name of your choice.
- These can both be the same handle.
- Click the orange Save theme button at the top.
Step 2: Verify your Twitter cards
- Sign into your Twitter account.
- Go to the Twitter Card Validator page: https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator
- Under Card URL enter a web address for one of your single post pages
- Click the Preview card button.
- You will see a preview of your share card with large image and should receive a success message that your blog has been whitelisted for twitter cards