So, you've purchased one of our WordPress themes! I bet you're excited to get started so let's install your new theme!
If you are new to WordPress, check out our WordPress 101 tutorials packed with 23 super helpful videos.
Step 1: Unzip the download Package
1. When you purchase the WordPress theme and download the theme package, you will receive a zipped folder titled "felicity-wordpress-theme".
Unzip this first folder.
NOTE: Mojo Marketplace users, your files will be downloaded individually from Mojo unzipped.
Step 2: Find theme file & Upload Theme
Within the unzipped theme package, you will find a number of folders such as demo content, logo image files, etc. There is also 1 additional zipped folder within, titled " felicity-gls.zip".
Important: DO NOT unzip this folder! This particular .zip folder should remain zipped.
1. Within your WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Themes.
2. Click the "Add New" button at the top-left of the page
3. Click the "Upload Theme" button at the top.
4. Click "Choose File" > find your zipped theme file on your computer > Click the "Install Now" button.
5. Once the theme is successfully installed on your WordPress, you can "Activate" it via the installation page or via Appearance > Themes to switch over and begin using your Felicity theme!
The most common install error looks like this:
This generally happens when you forgot to unzip the original download file. Make sure you have unzipped the file and are uploading the theme .zip file.
INSTALLING A CHILD THEME
All of our themes are accompanied by a child theme.
The child theme is a theme that basically "sits over" the code of the parent theme.
The great thing about Child Themes is that you can customize them and make changes and when the parent theme is updated, it will not affect your settings or customizations.
To install the Child Theme:
1. In the original download package, find the .zip file called felicity-gls-child.zip.
2. Install this theme as described above for the parent theme.
3. Activate this theme. It will look and act just like the parent theme.
NOTE: The parent theme must be installed for the Child theme to work.
To Continue installing your theme, click on the next link in the left sidebar, Install Recommended Plugins.