Our WordPress themes come with pre-stylings included for the Mailchimp for WordPress plugin. In order to add a MailChimp newsletter sign-up form widget to your sidebar, you can follow the instructions below.
We'll need to create a MailChimp Account, install the necessary plugin, and then set up your newsletter widget.
Signup for MailChimp
1. First, please ensure you have signed up and created an account with MailChimp.
2. Once you have done so, your account will be given a unique "API Key" number. This API Key is used to link your MailChimp account to your WordPress.
3. To find your MailChimp API Key:
Log into your MailChimp account > Your Account Page > Extras > API Keys > Create a key.
Install the Plugin
1. Next, you'll need to install the MailChimp for WordPress plugin onto your WordPress.
2. Install the Mailchimp for WordPress plugin:
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Search for term "MailChimp for WordPress"
- Install Now > Activate Plugin.
3. Once installed, navigate to the plugin's Settings page.
4. Here, you'll want to copy and paste your MailChimp account's API Key into the form and click "Save changes".
Setting Up the Newsletter Widget
1. Lastly, navigate to WP Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets.
2. A new widget titled "MailChimp Sign-Up Form" will have appeared.
3. Drag and drop this widget into your Sidebar area.
4. To customize your newsletter form, you can navigate to WP Dashboard > MailChimp for WP > Forms.
On this screen, you can determine just how your newsletter form displays.
If you need more help with the plugin, visit their documentation page.