This article describes how to customize the colors, fonts and other options on the Kiersten WordPress theme.
* This tutorial covers the basic controls available to customize your theme. It does not cover every setting. Once you get the hang of the basic control types, you should be able to explore and manage all the options based on the different control types and choices.
All color options are found in the "Customizer":
1. Go to Appearance > Customize
2. The Color options for this theme are broke down into 7 sections based on area of the theme:
- Colors: Top Bar
- Colors: Mobile Menu
- Colors: Menu
- Colors: Sidebar
- Colors: Footer
- Colors: Posts
- Colors: Accent
3. To begin editing colors, click on one of the Color settings tabs. We will cover the Colors: Top Bar in this tutorial. All other colors controls are edited the same way.
4. You will see a list of color options. Each option is labeled with the relevant theme element.
5. To edit the color of an element, click on the Select Color button. The current color set is displayed to the left of this button.
6. A color selection palette will open. You can change the color by entering your 6-digit hex code or by choosing a color on the color palette display.
7. If, at any time, you want to reset the color setting to the theme default, just click the Default button.
8. When done editing your settings, click the Save & Publish button.