How do I edit my custom logo?
Some of our templates include a custom header logo in Photoshop (.PSD) format.
You will need a program like Photoshop or GIMPSHOP to edit these files.
- Photoshop offers a free trial for 30 days or Creative Cloud version is available for about $10 per month for a subscription.
- GIMPSHOP is free.
- Photopea.com is another free service that you can use if the logo includes free fonts from Google.
These are the step-by-step instructions for editing your logo in Photoshop.
STEP 1: Install required fonts
- To edit the logo, you will need to download the necessary fonts.
- Inside the master download file, inside the Logo folder you will find a text file called logo-fonts.txt
- Double-click on the file to open it. Follow the links inside to download the font files.
- Once you download the files you will need to unzip the downloaded .zip file.
- In both Mac and Windows, you can double-click on the files to install.
- A new window will open, click the Install button.
- Make sure you install the fonts BEFORE you open Photoshop or you other image editor program.
STEP 2: Edit PSD in Photoshop
- Open Photoshop (or other similar program).
- Open the logo.psd file contained in logo-files folder contained in the template folder you downloaded.
- To edit the a text layer, on the right hand side of the screen, hover and click on the layer with the eyeball icon next to it to highlight it.
- Click on the Text editor icon – the “T” icon on the left-side vertical menu to start editing text. Highlight the text using your cursor and type in your new text.
- You can also edit font family, font weight, font size, color, and more using the top horizontal menu. This is a great YouTube video about editing text.
To move the text if it needs to be realigned, select the layer and then select the Move Tool – the top arrow icon on the left vertical tool bar. You can then click and hold and drag the layer anywhere you want on the canvas.
Step 3: Save Logo File
- To save your file, Choose Save As… from the top menu and save as PNG format. This saves the background as translucent.
STEP 4: Upload your logo to your blog
- Now you can upload this header logo to your Blogger site using the Layout page.
- Click Edit on the Header box to open the dialog box.
- Choose the Image > From your computer: option and click on the Browse button to find thePNG file you made on your computer.
- Select the Instead of title and description option.
- Click Save. Your new logo will now be live on your Blogger site!