The Abigail blog theme comes with a set of 6 custom styled Promo Boxes.
Promo Boxes are image boxes with a title overlay that can be linked to any post, page or web link you want.
The grid layout is fixed. You can use just box 1 and box 2 or you can use all 6. Using any other combination may look strange.
* This is a totally optional section of the template. If you choose not to add widgets in this section, nothing will show and you can always go back and add some Promo Boxes later.
Recommended image sizes
The theme is designed to "intelligently" crop images to fit the space allowed. This limits stretching issues that make the images look bad. However, an image may crop in a way you do not prefer. The recommended image sizes are:
- Promo 1 - 698px wide by 371px tall
- Promo 2 - 462px wide by 371px tall
- Promo 3 - 369px wide by 371px tall
- Promo 4 - 559px wide by 371px tall
- Promo 5 & Promo 6 - 213px wide by 175px tall
Setting up the Promo Boxes
Watch the setup video or see the written directions below.
- On the Blogger Dashboard, go to the Layout page.
- Find the Promo Boxes area.
- There is a grid of widgets in rows: Promo Boxes 1 and 2, Promo Boxes 3 and 4 and Promo Boxes 5 and 6.
- In each widget area you will find already labeled Image boxes.
- To add an image to a Promo Box widget, click the Edit link on the correct widget.
- The Configure Image popup will open.
- Add your:
- Title (optional)
- Caption (optional)
- Link (optional)
- Click the Browse button to upload your image from your computer.
- DO NOT check the Shrink to fit box. Leave unchecked.
- Click the Save button to save your widget settings.
- Repeat steps above for each Promo Box widget.