Hello! Thanks for shopping with us!
Let's jump right in and start installing and setting up your new Blogger template!
Recommendation: Use a test blog first
If you have a blog that is already live with content and receiving visits from readers, we strongly, strongly, 100% recommend trying out your new Blogger template on a test blog prior to installing the template on your live blog.
To learn how to setup a test blog and export your test blog setup to your live blog, see this tutorial.
NOTE! The "New" Blogger dashboard experience currently does not allow the upload of custom templates (we are not certain if this is a bug or on purpose by Google). To upload your template, switch back to "Classic" mode by clicking the "Back to Classic Blogger" link.
BLOGGER 101 TUTORIALS: New to Blogger? Check out our Blogger 101 video tutorials!
Step 1: Backup your current template
Just to be safe, make sure you backup your current template.
- Log in to your Blogger Dashboard.
- Go to the Theme configuration page. THE PAGE IS NOW CALLED "THEME" - IT IS THE SAME PAGE, NEW NAME.
- Click on the Backup/Restore button in the top right hand corner of the screen. The Template > Backup/Restore box will open up.
- To backup your current template, click on the orange Download theme button. Your template will download to your computer’s download folder with a name like template-##############. If want to restore your old template at any time you can upload this file using the Backup/Restore feature.
Step 2: Upload Template
Follow the video tutorial and see below for detailed written directions:
- In the same Theme configuration page, click on the Backup/Restore button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the Template > Backup/Restore box, click on the Browse button.
- From you computer files, choose your Blogger template to upload. Make sure you are selecting the .xml file.
- For the "Pink" or "Demo #2" version, choose the Adelle_blogger_template_pink.xmlfile from the Demo #2 folder.
- Click the Upload button.
- You’ll see a little spinner next to the Upload button while your template uploads. If there are any template errors, they will appear in the Template > Backup/Restore box. If your upload is successful, you will be returned to the Template configuration page and a little message, Uploaded successfully will flash at the top of the window.
To Continue installing your template, click on the next link in the left sidebar.