What are the promo boxes? They are the row of 3 or 4 (depending on template design) image boxes below the slider in your Blogger template that can be used to link to any page, post or category you want.
This is a totally optional section of the template. If you choose not to add widgets in this section, nothing will show and you can always go back and add some Promo Boxes later.
The image size is flexible so that you can use any shape image you want in the Promo Box area. Adjust the Promo Box height by going to Theme > Customize > Advanced > Promo Boxes. Use the height adjustment to adjust your box height.
IMPORTANT: For best appearance, make sure all your Promo Box images are the same size. For square images, 800px by 800px works well. For wide rectangles, 800px by 600px.
View the video setup instructions or see the Step-by-Step written directions below.
- On your Blogger Dashboard, navigate to the Layout page.
- Scroll down until you see the green Promo Boxes sections (just below the green Slider section). You will see 3 columns all labeled Promo Boxes. You will see an Image widget already in place in each Prom Box area.
- Click the Edit link on one of the Image gadgets to start editing.
- You will be required to enter a gadget Title. This is the overlay title.
- The Caption is optional. The Caption would be shown under the Title in smaller text.
- The Link field is the URL (web page address) you want the image to link to. This can be any Web link from your site or any other site on the web (like an Etsy shop or other even). Enter your URL in this field.
- Next, add your background Image. You may add an image from your computer using the Browsebutton or from a URL from a service like Flickr or other image storage site.
- Note: Do NOT click the “Shrink to fit” option. The template code automatically takes care of this. If you do, this will mess up the mobile layout settings.
- When you are done, click the orange Save button to save your changes.
- Repeat this step for the other 2 Promo Boxes columns.