The desktop menu style on this template allows for 3 levels of links -- top links plus 2 levels of drop downs.
- On the Dashboard, go to the Layout page.
- Scroll past the blue Theme Options section until you locate the Default Header section.
- Under the TOPMENU section, on the Top Navigation Menu box, click the Edit link to open the menu setup box.
- In the New Site Name field, enter the text to display in the menu for the link.
- In the New Site URL box, enter the URL (web address) for the menu link to direct to. NOTE: The easiest way to do this is to visit the page in your browser and copy and paste the link from your browser bar into the field.
- Click the Add Link button to add the link to your menu.
- Continue adding links.
- When you are done adding your links, click the Save button to save your menu settings.
Rearrange Links & Edit
- Use the up and down arrows next to the links you have created rearrange the links in your menu.
- Links will appear from left to right in the order shown from top to bottom.
- Click the Edit link next to the link if you need to edit it.
Add Drop Down Links to your Menu
- You will create a drop down menu link like any other menu link with one change.
- To create a first-level drop down link, add an underscore ( _ ) in front of the New Site Name for the link.
- Place the drop down link UNDER the top link it will appear beneath.
- For second-level drop down links, add a double (2) underscore ( __ ) in front of the New Site Name for the link.
- Place the second-level drop down link UNDER the first-level drop down link it should appear under.
- Make sure to click the Save button to save your menu settings.