iew the video setup directions or see Step-by-Step written directions below.
- To begin configuring your social media icons, on the Blogger Dashboard, navigate to the Layoutconfiguration page.
- Click on the Edit link at the bottom right-hand corner of the Social Media Icons gadget.
- NOTE: Occasionally, the gadget might show up under the Blog Post box. Grab and drag it to your sidebar if this happens.
- This template includes 24 social media icon links:Behance, Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, Dribbble, Flickr, Google plus, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest, Vimeo, Youtube, Vine, Soundcloud, Goodreads (as a book icon), Deviantart, Foursquare, Reddit, Tumblr, VK, Twitch, Spotify, Snapchat, Etsy PLUS e-mail, RSS, and a shop icon.
You can control which icons you add to your template and what order they display in.
- When you click on the Edit link for the Social Media Icons box, the Configure Link Listwindow will open. NOTE: Initially there will be no links displayed. You will need to add your own links for the gadget to show up on the front end of your template.
- The gadget Title field is optional. If you leave this field blank, nothing will display.
- To start adding icons, type the name of the icon link from the list of included links above in the New Site Name field. i.e. “Facebook” or “Dribbble” – no quotation marks.
- In the New Site URL field, enter the social media site web address INCLUDING YOUR ID. You can generally find this by navigating to your homepage and copying the address at the top. Google for specific sites. You must include the http:// at the beginning of the web address.
- NOTE: To show the correct icon, the template looks at the URL. Example: to show a Twitter icon, the URL must include “twitter.com” somewhere in the URL you paste into the field.
- SNAPCHAT: Your Snapchat URL will look like this http://snapchat.com/add/Your-USER-ID
- SHOP ICON: The template will show the shopping cart shop icon for any URL with “shop” or "Store" (TPT) anywhere in the link.
- EMAIL ICON: To show the email icon, add the following text to the beginning of your email address: mailto: So, an example would be mailto:email@example.com
- RSS ICON: The RSS icon will appear for any URL entered with any of the following in the URL: feed/posts/default, feeds/comments/default and feeds/feedburner.com.
- OPEN IN NEW WINDOW: If you prefer your links to open in a new window, add this to the end of your URLs: ?target=_blank . Example: http://www.facebook.com/someone?target=_blank
- After you have entered the New Site Name and New Site URL, click the Add Link link. The link will add to the list of links to be displayed.
- You can use the links in the gray box to edit, delete or rearrange your icons. You can also choose to sort your icons alphabetically or reverse alphabetically using the Sorting field.
- Click the orange Save button to save your Social Icons gadget settings.