Blogger offers a variety of blog post settings and it is important to make sure you have the correct blog post settings so that your layout will work correctly.
View the video or see the written directions below:
Blog post settings
- In the Layout Configuration page, click on the Edit link at the bottom right hand corner of the Blog box. The Configure Blog Posts box will open.
- Under Main Page Options, you can select how many posts you want to show up on each page of your main blog page. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PAGINATION SCRIPT REQUIRES THE NUMBER OF PAGES PER POST LISTED HERE MATCHES THE ONE IN THE HTML CODE. The default setting is 7 posts per page. If you want another # of posts to show per page, see the “Change Pagination Settings” section below.
- You can also configure your Post page text link with custom text like “Read More” or “Keep Reading”. Make sure you enter your read more text into this box or the read more button will be blank!
- There are a number of options under the Post Page Options. For this template, leave the Show Share Buttons options unchecked as this theme has custom share buttons included. We recommend selecting to show the Date, Time, Labels, and 5 comments. You can also show Reactions if you desire.
- Under the Arrange Items section, you can rearrange some of the post items. We do not recommend doing so as this template has been designed with a certain arrangement in mind and rearranging may lead to layout problems.
- Click the Save button to save your new Blog Post settings.