Upload your logo to your blog
- Now you can upload this header logo to your Blogger site using the Layout page.
- Click Edit on the Header box to open the dialog box. Choose the Image > From your computer: option and click on the Browsebutton to find the PNG file you made on your computer.
- Select the Instead of title and description option.
- Click Save. Your new logo will now be live on your Blogger site!
Some of our templates include a custom header logo in Photoshop (.PSD) format.
You will need a program like Photoshop or GIMPSHOP to edit these files. Photoshop offers a free trial for 30 days or Creative Cloud version is available for about $10 per month for a subscription.
These are the step-by-step instructions for editing your logo in Photoshop. GIMPSHOP is similar but we prefer Photoshop.
You can also use the free site photopea.com
Edit PSD file in Photoshop
Install required fonts
- To edit the logo you need to install the font files. Inside the original template download files, locate the Logo folder. Inside you will find a text file called "Logo fonts". Links to download the fonts are inside. Unzip the download files and double-click on the font files to install them.
- Make sure you install these BEFORE you open Photoshop or you other image editor program.
Edit PSD in Photoshop
- Open Photoshop (or other similar program).
- Open .psd file contained in Logo folder contained in the template folder you downloaded.
- To edit a layer, on the right hand side of the screen, hover and click on the layer with the eyeball icon next to it to highlight it.
- Click on the Text editor icon – the “T” icon on the left-side vertical menu to start editing text. Highlight the text using your cursor and type in your new text.
- You can also edit font family, font weight, font size, color, and more using the top horizontal menu. This is a great YouTube video about editing text.
- To edit other layers, repeat the same process by selecting that layer and using the Text tool.
- To move the text if it needs to be realigned, select the layer and then select the Move Tool – the top arrow icon on the left vertical tool bar. You can then click and hold and drag the layer anywhere you want on the canvas.
- To save your file, Choose Save As… from the top menu and save as PNG format. This saves the background as translucent.