This template comes with styles for MailChimp signup forms for the sidebar and other widget areas.
NOTE: This tutorial applies to all templates (versions 3.1.0 +) purchased on or after November 1, 2017. If you want this feature you will need to upgrade to the latest version.
See the video or written directions before for setup help.
Step 1: Open Widget Code File
1. Open the folder for your original download files that contained the blog template.
2. Open the Widgets folder.
3. Inside you will find 2 MailChimp files: MailChimp Horizontal Form.txt and MailChimp Vertical Form.txt.
- The MailChimp Horizontal Form is used for full width areas like the Footer or Above Contentwidget areas.
- The MailChimp Vertical Form is used for the Sidebar or 3 column footer (if applies) widget areas.
4. Open the file in a plain text editor like Note Pad or Text Edit. DO NOT open in a word processing program like Microsoft Word or Pages.
Step 2: Get Your MailChimp Code
1. Log in to your MailChimp.com account.
2. Click on the Lists link in the menu (create a list if you don't have one.).
3. Click on the name of the List you want to add subscribers to form the signup form.
4. Click on the Signup Forms link.
5. Next to the Embedded Forms option, click the Select button.
6. On the page that opens, near the bottom is a code box, Copy/paste onto your site. We do NOT want the whole code.
7. Find the line that looks like this:
<form action="//georgialoustudios.us11.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=39e3c50e1e360d3de15a4ca65&id=5065462fdf" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
8. You want to copy this entire piece of code from the embed code.
Step 3: Add Your MailChimp Code to Widget
1.In the widget file from Step 1, find the code that looks like this:
<form action="//georgialoustudios.us11.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=39e3c50e1e360d3de15a4ca65&id=e90d40d078" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
2. Replace this entire section with your code from Step 2.
3. Save the file with your changes in case of future use. (Keep file open)
NOTE: To edit the text on the widget, find the following pieces of code in the widget file:
<h2>Subscribe to our mailing list</h2>
Edit the text between the <h2> and </h2> tags.
Text (Vertical Form)
<p>Get free updates and goodies!</p>
Edit the text between the <p> and </p> tags.
<div class="indicates-required">All fields required</div>
Edit the All fields required text.
Step 4: Install Code on Site
1. On the Blogger Dashboard, go to the Layout page.
2. Find the widget area where you want to add your form.
3. Click the Add a gadget link in that widget area.
6. Paste the full code from the MailChimp widget file into the Content area.
7. Click the orange Save button.