*To display square images in the widget, upload square images to Instagram. (Instagram has stopped serving square cropped images via their API.)
STEP 1: Get your Instagram User ID and Token
NOTE: If you already grabbed these for your sidebar widget, use the same #s.
- Go to This Website and click on Generate Access Token button.
- Sign in to Instagram as normal, and give the site the access to generate your Access Token, (Don't worry it is a safe method!).
- The code generated will look something like this: '1720536514.1677ed0.7de82de9a39e4d898da1d9891b3810c1'
- Your USER ID is the first set of numbers before the first period (.). i.e. 1720536514
- Your ACCESS TOKEN is the whole string: 1720536514.1677ed0.7de82de9a39e4d898da1d9891b3810c1
STEP 2: Setup the Widget
1. In your original theme download folder, in the Widgets folder you will find a file called Instagram Footer Widget.txt.
2. Open the file using a plain text editor program like Note Pad or Text Edit. DO NOT use a word processing program like Microsoft Word.
*Your code may look slightly different. You still need to replace the userId and AccessToken.
3. On the Blogger Layout page, find the Footer and Instagram Social widget area click the Add a Gadget link to add a new gadget.
6. Give your widget a Title.
7. Copy and paste all the code from the Instagram Widget.txt file into the Content field.
8. At the top of the script, find the code: userId: '5560725922',
9. Replace 5560725922 with your USER ID. Leave quotes intact.
10. Next, find the code: accessToken: '5560725922.1677ed0.5d8606cf9d054183be1b090547a41dd2',
11. Replace 5560725922.1677ed0.5d8606cf9d054183be1b090547a41dd2 with your ACCESS TOKEN. Leave the quotes intact.
12. Click the orange Save button to save your widget settings.