This tutorial covers how to setup the Home Page Slider for the WordPress Themes by Georgia Lou Studios.
This slider is a "featured posts" slider and only displays posts, not pages or random images. Posts included in the slider should have a Featured Image assigned or the slider will show only a gray background. Check out this tutorial: How to Add a Featured Image to a Post
View the video or see the written directions below.
- On the WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize or click on the blue Customize Your Site button on the Dashboard home page.
- The Customizer will open.
- Click on the Theme Options tab.
- Click on the Slider tab.
- Under Slider Settings, you can:
- enable/disable the slider,
- enable/disable slider on mobile,
- choose to show slider on the 1st page of the blog only,
- choose to show recent posts or Featured Posts
- choose # of posts to display.
- Under Slider Display Options, click on the picture of the slider layout you want displayed.
- Below the pictures, you can enable/disable the overlay elements like post title, categories, date, etc.
- When you are done, click the Publish button to save your choices.
Set Featured Posts
If you choose to display Featured Posts in your slider, you must tag the posts to be displayed.
- On the WordPress Dashboard, go to Posts > All Posts.
- Click the Edit link under the post you wish to add to or remove from the slider.
- In the post editor, Scroll down to the area under the post content box. Find the section called Featured Post.
- To include a post in the slider, make sure this box is check. To remove the post, uncheck this box.
- Update or Publish the post to save changes.