This tutorial covers how to setup the Blog Layout Settings on WordPress themes by Georgia Lou Studios.
View the video or see the written directions below.
Blog Layout Settings
- On the WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance Customize or click the blue Customize Your Site button on the Dashboard home page.
- The Customizer will open.
- Click on the Theme Options tab.
- Click on the Homepage tab.
- Under the Homepage Layout section, choose whether or not you want to display the First Big Post.
- To change the Homepage Layout, click on the picture for the layout you wish to display.
- For the grid and masonry layouts, you may choose to enable the 3 Columns display. The default is 2 columns.
- Under Featured Image Size, choose the size ratio for your Featured Images. Applies to the blog page only and the list, grid and mixed layouts only. (Default layout and masonry display at original size/ratio).
- Under Homepage Display Options, you may choose to enable/disable:
- Category meta
- Date meta
- Author meta
- Reading time meta
- Comments meta
- Automatic excerpts (full post displayed if disabled. Default and First Big Post layouts only)
- Excerpts (list, grid, mixed and masonry layouts)
- Change excerpt length
- Read More buttons
- You can also change your Homepage sidebar settings.
- At the bottom of the tab, you can choose between Numbered Pagination and a Load More Button.
- Click the Publish button to save changes.