This tutorial covers how to setup the Post Settings on WordPress themes by Georgia Lou Studios.
These settings apply universally to the single posts pages of your blog.
View the video or see the written directions below.
- On the WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance Customize or click the blue Customize Your Site button on the Dashboard home page.
- The Customizer will open.
- Click on the Theme Options tab.
- Click on the Post Settings tab.
- Under the Post Layout Options, select your preferred post layout:
- Layout 1 - Featured image above post header.
- Layout 2 - Post header above featured image.
- Layout 3 - Full width featured image with post header as overlay.
- You may Disable the Featured Image on Layout 1 or Layout 2.
- For Layout 3, you may enable/disable an image parallax feature for the Featured Image.
- Under Post Display Options, you can enable/disable:
- Category meta
- Date meta
- Author meta
- Reading time meta
- Comments meta
- Under Post Extras, you can enable/disable:
- Progress bar
- Author box
- Post likes
- Post views
- Related posts
- Share icons
- Post navigation links
- To choose your Sharing Services icons, click in the box. A list of options will appear. Click on the service you wish to add. To remove a service, click the x next to the service.
- You can also adjust your Post Sidebar Settings. These are universal settings that apply to all posts.
- Click the Publish button to save your settings.