This tutorial covers setup of the custom About Me widget for the WordPress Themes by Georgia Lou Studios.
Watch the video or see the written directions below.
About Me Widget Setup
- On the WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize or click the blue Customize Your Site button on the Dashboard home page.
- The Customizer will open.
- Click on the Widgets tab.
- Choose the sidebar area to add the About Me widget to by clicking on the tab.
- Click the Add a Widget button.
- Find the About Me widget in the list. It will be prefaced with the name of your theme. Example: Emilia: About Me or Jemma: About Me. You can also use the search box to search for specific widgets.
- Click on the widget to add it to the bottom of your sidebar.
- Add an (optional) Title to your widget.
- Click the Upload Image button to upload an image from your computer or choose an image from your site's Media Library.
- To make the image a circle, check the Make image a circle checkbox. For a circular image, use a square image.
- Enter your (optional) text into the Name and Description fields.
- You can add text to the Autograph field to add the script at the bottom of the widget.
- To add a clickable link, enter your Read More Text and a Link. (The link also applies to the About Me Image as well as the Read More Link).
- Click the Publish button to save changes.