This tutorial covers how to add ad code to the default ad spaces in WordPress themes from Georgia Lou Studios.
About Ad Spaces
Your theme comes with 3 - 4 built in ad spaces located throughout the site.
You can insert ad HTML code into the boxes.
These spaces may include:
- Blog header - located to the right of the logo or below the logo. Location depends on Header layout selected.
- Blog Page - located either above the blog posts or within the blog posts on the main blog pages. Location depends on Home Page layout selected.
- Single Post Top - Located at the top of the post content on single post pages. Located below the Featured Image (if present) and post header.
- Single Post Bottom - Located at the bottom of post content on single post pages. Located just above the post footer.
Setup Ad Spaces
- On the WordPress Dashboard home page, click the blue Customize Your Site button or go to Appearance > Customize to open the Customizer.
- In the Customizer, click on Theme Options.
- Click on the Ads tab to open the Ads Section.
- Paste your ad HTML code into the appropriate box(es).
- Click the Publish button to save changes.
Bonus Tip - Add an Image Ad
To add an image add, copy and paste the code below. Edit the HTTPS://YOUR-TARGET-LINK.COM and HTTPS://YOUR-IMAGE-LINK.JPG portions of the code to add your link and image.
<a target="_blank" href="HTTPS://YOUR-TARGET-LINK.COM"><img src="HTTPS://YOUR-IMAGE-LINK.JPG" /></a>